Applications for the 2018/19 Networking Fund are now open.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with four deadlines per annum, the next deadline is Monday 11 February 2019.
Applications for the Networking Fund are now open.
The Crick partnership is launching a new Networking Fund to support staff and students from the University partners to establish and develop connections across disciplinary boundaries, to lead to fruitful research collaborations and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
The Networking Fund has been introduced to:
- Create and promote a range of opportunities for the Crick-HEI researchers to build professional networks within the Partnership and beyond their own discipline.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas and apply for research funding from external sources.
- Encourage applications that cross disciplinary boundaries, particularly at the Clinical and Physical Sciences interfaces.
- Foster the use, and building, of skills for those directly involved in these funded initiatives (e.g. communication skills, leadership, etc.).
The fund holds £40k and will support networking activities up to £5k. Example activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as workshops and seminars;
- Visits between the Partner Institutions for academics, research staff and students for collaboration or training opportunities;
- Establish new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals;
- Development of Communication activities e.g. development of webpages, news forums and case studies, for interest groups which may be time restricted (i.e. clinical staff);
- Symposia including a broader national/international remit. Applicants are encouraged to open and broadly advertise large symposia to reach out to all partners, and not only the ones already involved in the project;
- Public engagement activities and events.
Staff interested in applying are encouraged to contact the Imperial Crick team in the first instance to discuss their application, then the application form on the left hand side of this page should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with four deadlines per annum:
- Monday 24 September 2018
- Monday 11 February 2019
- Monday 3 June 2019
- Monday 7 October 2019
Applications will be considered by a Networking Fund Committee with representation from each University partner and the Crick. Please review the guidance notes for eligibility.
Any queries may be directed to the Imperial Crick team who will be happy to assist.