Iacopo Russo's fusilli pasta
- Fusilli pasta
- Cherry tomatoes (1.5 times as many grams as the pasta)
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Chilli flakes
- Some Parmesan cheese
- You just need a pot and a pan. Put some water to boil in the pot and put a bit of olive oil to get warm in the pan.
- Chop a clove of garlic in slices and add it to the oil; let it fry gently for 3 or 4 minutes it turns yellowish.
- In the meantime, as the water in the pot starts boiling, add a handful of salt, then put the pasta in to cook.
- Now add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and let them slowly cook to form a nice sauce. Add salt.
- When the tomatoes have turned soft and released their juices, grate some Parmesan and let it melt in the sauce.Finally, add some chopped basil leaves and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, add it to the sauce and mix well. Finally, if you want, grate some more Parmesan on top and enjoy your pasta!
Iacopo's advice for new students: "Bring a recipe with you from home that you know well. You will feel at home any time student life feels hard."