Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Centre
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Centre (ED&I) promotes and embed all aspects of equality throughout the College and aims to support the whole College to foster an inclusive environment to support the diversity of our staff.
They advise and influence best practice in the College, specifically ensuring compliance with the Equality Act 2010 and other relevant legislation. The ED&I Centre maintains collaborative relationships with staff groups at Imperial and with sector-wide peers and external organisations.
The main services and responsibilities of the unit:
- An online equality, diversity and inclusion 90 minute course
- A comprehensive range of equality training courses, including targeted leadership and development programmes (Calibre, IMPACT)
- Expertise on equality and diversity issues
- Support and engagement with colleagues through the College diversity networks, committees, and Executive Sponsors
- Harassment Support Contacts scheme
- Support for equality awards and standards (Athena SWAN, Disability Confident, Stonewall Champion)
- Data monitoring and analysis for the Annual Equality and Diversity Report
- Support, advice, and guidance for disabled staff and their managers
- A calendar of events to mainstream awareness and equality, including our annual Diversity Lecture, Disability History Month, Mental Health Awareness Week, and Black History Month.
The ED&I centre does not provide HR advice, formal negotiations for individual members of staff, or advocacy but can provide information on how these particular services can be accessed by staff.