Use colour blocks for a great way of making important text - like reminders, opening hours, etc. - stand out. This tutorial covers adding a 'Colour block' (see right). Make sure you have added a highlight box widget before completing the following steps.
Add a colour block to your HighlightBox page
The highlight box widget you created is programmed to find the hidden sub-page called 'HighlightBox' and pull any items from it. To add a colour block to your highlight box, follow these steps:
- Find the hidden 'HighlightBox' page in your site structure;
- Hover over the yellow drop down button and click 'Add content';
- A list of content will appear. Select the item called 'Colour block';
- A form appears. Complete it as follows:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the block and give it a concise description e.g. 'Colour block - training page'. This is for your reference and the user does not see this.||Yes|
|Heading*||Give the block a heading. This appears at the top of the colour block and is visible to the user.||Yes|
|Box content*||Use the editor to add headings, content, bullet points or links.||Yes|
|Colour*||Select which colour you want to use. Find out more information about choosing colours in the Colour theme section.||Yes, defaults to Primary colour palette|
- Click 'Add and Approve' and preview your page.